in the Cabo Wabo Margarita Masters
Cabo Wabo Tequila wants you to show them how an awesome margarita is made at its first ever Cabo Wabo Margarita Masters. Cabo Wabo Blanco makes for a bold, full-flavored margarita- Come prove you’re the boss of the batch.
Participants have an opportunity to showcase their margarita-making skills at the Cabo Wabo Margarita Masters held during the Constitution Week BBQ & Music Festival. As Cabo Wabo has partnered with the KCBS to become the official tequila of the Kansas City Barbeque Society, KCBS rules will apply for turn-in. All entries must use the Cabo Wabo Blanco provided in your entry bag and judging will be done by the KCBS.
Turn in date will be September 20th at 7pm with winners to be announced at the cookoff awards ceremony. There is a cost of $35 to compete in the Cabo Wabo Margarita Masters. Cabo Wabo Blanco will be provided to each competing team. Please sign up with the registration form to the right. Additional information will be provided via email to registered teams as we get nearer to the event.
- Participating teams must register a minimum of 5 days prior to the event.
- Team Captain for each team must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Each team must turn in six glasses or one pitcher, your choice, of Margaritas for judging -made with the provided Cabo Wabo Blanco.
- Each team must turn in the recipe for their entry.
- KCBS judges will determine overall winner based on three criteria, appearance, taste and level of “THICK CUT”
- “THICK CUT” upgrades everyday to assume, is unapologetic, bold and flavorful and means premium quality.
- “THICK CUT” is not mundane, frilly, dainty or elite. THICK CUT is not cheap or second rate.
- Cabo Wabo prize money will be $250 for first place.
- Overall scores will be tracked by KCBS.
- Teams may participate in as many Margarita Masters as they wish.
- At the end of the series, the team with the highest overall score will receive an additional $500 from Cabo Wabo.